Honey Banana Muffin Recipe
This banana muffin recipe makes 10 muffins. It took me a few attempts to get the right moisture level for the muffins and cinnamon topping. Worth all the effort because they turned out to be so delicious!
10 paper muffin cups
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons of cacao powder (optional, if you like chocolate)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 big bananas, mashed
5 tablespoons of creamed honey
1/3 cup sunflower oil
2 tablespoons of melted butter
Banana cinnamon crumble topping ingredients:
1 small bananas, cut into cross sectional slices
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 tablespoon frozen butter
1 teaspoon of creamed honey
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
2. Beat bananas, honey, salt, egg, melted butter and oil together for a few minutes in a bowl.
3. Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt) and blend well.
4. Spoon batter into the muffin cups.
5. Place one banana slice on the top of each muffin.
6. To make the crumbling effect for the topping, mix the flour, cinnamon, honey and brown sugar in a bowl. Rub the butter into the flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
7. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
8. Bake for 20 minutes until toothpick comes out of the muffin clean.
End of "Honey Banana Muffin Recipe" . Back to "Soft Moist Banana Cake Recipe"