This gingerbread cookie recipe will spice up the season with its warm burst of cinnamon and ginger spices and colourful decoratives. Serve as a great traditional treat for the family or pack into a pretty tin as a sweet Christmas gift idea!
You will need:
1 cup honey
3/4 cup butter
1 tbsp milk
5 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp clove
Steps to follow:
1. Cream honey and butter until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in egg and milk.
3. Fold in sieved flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and clove and mix into a well-combined dough.
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. Dust work surface and dough lightly with flour.
6. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thick and cut into different shapes using cookie cutters.
7. Place on a well-greased baking tray and bake at 180 degrees C. for 10-15 minutes.
8. Cool on wire rack and decorate with any frosting or sprinkles.
9. Makes one big tin of holiday cookies!