natural cure for herpes
Natural Cure for Herpes Symptoms: Honey
Honey is recognized as one of the best natural wound healers and infection fighters because of its antimicrobial and antiviral properties and is used traditionally used to treat wounds and infections until the early 20th century when synthetic drugs took center stage. Patients infected with herpes are typically prescribed by mainstream doctors the conventional ointment, Acyclovir. With the increasing threat of antibiotic-resistant infections, the return to honey as a natural remedy for herpes sores is a welcome alternative.
Raw Honey Beats Drugs as a Herpes Remedy
According to a clinical study reported by Nutrition & Healing, 16 adult subjects with a history of recurrent labial and genital herpes attacks used honey to treat one attack, and Acyclovir cream, during another.
Overall, honey provided significantly better treatment results. Pain and crusting was also significantly reduced with the honey, compared to the drug. Healing time with honey was 43 percent better than with Acyclovir for sores on the lips and 59 percent better for genital sores. Also, none of the subjects experienced any side effects with repeated applications of honey, while 3 patients developed local itching with the Acyclovir. Two cases of labial herpes and one case of genital herpes remitted completely with the honey treatment, whereas none remitted while using acyclovir. The researchers concluded that “topical honey application is safe and effective in the management of the signs and symptoms of recurrent lesions from labial and genital herpes.”
1. Prepare raw honey, preferably dark honey or Manuka honey (some varietals can be 100 times more potent in their healing abilities than in regular honey) if it is available to you.
2. Apply some of the honey directly to the open sore 4-5 times a day.
3. Keep the infected area constantly bathed in the honey.
Raw honey is able to draw fluid away from the infected wound to accelerate the healing process. Its high sugar content helps to suppress any microorganism growth that could aggravate the wound. Hydrogen peroxide is released when the enzyme (glucose oxidase) in the honey comes in contact with the wound. Manuka honey additionally can effectively eradicate more than 250 clinical strains of bacteria, including resistant varieties such as MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus), MSSA (methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus), VRE (vancomycin-resistant enterococci), and Helicobacter Pylori (which can cause stomach ulcers).
Related Pages on Natural Cure for Herpes
1.Manuka honey, probably by far the most researched medicinal honey, is the much prized floral variant that is famous for combating infections and heal wounds: Manuka Honey as Medicine.
2. Raw honey works wonders for yeast infections and beats many doctor’s prescribed anti-fungal creams: What’s the No. 1 Yeast Infection Home Remedy?.
3. Going to the bathroom too frequently at night? A daily dose of honey before bed time can help: Having to Go to the Bathroom at Night too Frequently?
4. Natural cures are believed to not only treat the disease but also eliminate the basic root, treating the body as a whole and not just as a set of symptoms: Back to Natural Cure.
End of “Natural Cure for Herpes Symptoms: Honey “ . Back to “40 Home Remedies in Alternative Medicine [What Your Doctors Don’t Know]”