I've adapted this banana cake recipe from Zu's Kitchen by replacing the sugar with honey and adjusting the amount of flour and oil. The result is better than I had expected - spongy, soft, moist and bursting with the irresistable fragrance of fresh bananas!
9-inch round cake tin
3 eggs (at room temperature)
6 tablespoons of cream honey (I use Rata honey)
6 very ripe, small bananas or 3 big bananas (mash them)
180g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
80ml sunflower cooking oil mixed with 2 tablespoon of melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 170 degree C.
2. Whisk egg at maximum speed until stiff, then add honey and whisk till it doubles in volume.
3. Add mashed bananas and mix with a spatula.
4. Sift flour in and gently fold it well. Do not over-fold the batter.
5. Mix about 1/3 of the batter with the oil and butter and blend well.
6. Pour the oil mixture into the rest of the batter and gently mix well.
7. Grease and flour the bottom of the baking tin. (Do not grease the sides.)
8. Bake for 40 to 45mins. (Baking on the lower rack would help the cake rise better.)
9. Skewers should come out clean when the cake is baked. Before removing the cake, invert the tin onto rack until completely cool to give the cake a nice height.