You can't ignore this powerful natural antibiotic - turmeric combined with honey, also known as Golden Honey used in Ayurveda medicine for thousands of years. In recent years, its use has grown exponentially in Western medicine and nutrition.
Turmeric, a plant native to India, may be an ordinary kitchen spice for curry recipes, but it is an extraordinary antibiotic with potent nervous-system-protecting capabilities and anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic, antiviral, anti-fungal, anti-tumor properties that destroy disease-causing bacteria and boost our body immunity and yet do not have the negative effects on the intestinal micro flora found in synthetic antibiotics.
Turmeric, which is often compared with Chinese ginseng, possesses the renowned healing compound, curcumin, which is a polyphenol identified as an essential bioactive ingredient in over 150 therapeutic activities.
Curcumin is one of the most highly revered and studied spices in medical science, next to popularly studied herbs and spices such as cinnamon, ginseng, garlic and ginger. It has been reported that curcumin is more beneficial than many pharmaceutical drugs such as anti-inflammatory drugs, anti-depressants (Prozac) (Phytother Res 2013), anti-coagulants (Aspirin), pain killers (Panadol), diabetes drugs (Metformin) (Eur J Pharmacol 2013), arthritis medications (Diclofenac Sodium) (J Pharm Pharmacol 2014; 66(1): 133-44), cholesterol drugs (Lipitor), and steroids (Phytotherapy Research).
When mixed with honey, turmeric becomes an invaluable natural remedy for a myriad of ailments and diseases including:
6) High blood pressure
7) High blood sugar
10) Heart diseases
11) High cholesterol
12) Depression and anxiety
13) Inflammation of wounds and burns
14) Eczema, psoriasis and acne
15) Aging (protects the liver and kidney)
1. Do not take turmeric if you suffer from gallbladder disease as it can cause muscle contractions of the gallbladder.
2. Turmeric is a blood thinning agent. Avoid it if you are taking any blood-thinning medications such as warfarin or aspirin.
3. Avoid turmeric if you are pregnant or trying to conceive as it can cause uterine contractions.
1. 4 tbsp of raw honey
2. 1 tbs. of turmeric powder
3. Mix well and store in a glass container.
4. Take orally. Leave the mixture in the mouth until it dissolves.
5. Take half a teaspoon 3 hourly for 2 days.
This is anti-cancer and promotes healthy heart, gut, digestion and bowel system (American Cancer Society; Cancer Research UK ; Altern Med Rev 2011; 16(2): 152-6).
1. Steep half a teaspoon to one teaspoon of turmeric in a mug of hot boiled water for about 15 minutes.
2. Mix one to two teaspoons of honey into the turmeric drink after it has cooled down to some extent.
3. Enjoy this virus-fighting and anti-inflammatory beverage!
Note: If you are residing in Singapore, check out organic turmeric powder from Bee Healthy.
Note: Please give your post some time to be published. Our system has to first monitor and weed out spammy posts. Only posts relevant to the topic will be published.
I had tonsillitis and couldn't get to a Dr so I tried this honey/turmeric recipe and by the 3rd day it was all gone. Amazing stuff!!
I am going to start back drinking my turmeric tea with honey. Quick? The cold mixture: Turmeric and Honey can it be done daily if you don't have a cold?
Benjasem: yours with ginger is it a mixture or tea?
Richard: your turmeric with honey ginger is I'd powder or fresh and line juice Is that a mixture or drink?
I just need clarity on these question questions if I am going to start doing it 2019 right Tumeric style. Thank you
I am taking Curcumin daily for the last eight years plus ginger. Thank God I overcome a number of ailments.
Glenn, there isn't a clear rule on this. With the gallbladder removed, certain food may be too sensitive for the stomach, so it's best that you consult your health practitioner on the consumption of turmeric.
I have had my gall bladder removed... is it ok to take turmeric / honey?
We have a tumeric and bee farm and for the last few years we have been enjoying our turmeric and honey with ginger and lime juice for a few years now and we highly recommend this.