This is my take on a quick and easy Honey Cheesecake recipe (no-bake version) from my friend Carlos at Spoonabilities.com.
For ideas about putting your own spin on this recipe as I have done here ( substituting graham crackers for Amaretti cookies for example ) please read "Tips on How to Make the Best No Bake Honey Cheesecake" from the original recipe (link above).
This light, mousse-like texture cheesecake, naturally sweetened with raw wildflower honey and topped with a honey lemon -thyme drizzle is the ideal summer dessert!
You can make this honey cheesecake (no-bake) in a dish or in individual serving glasses as pictured.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Chill Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 22 minutes
* 2 cups graham crackers (ginger snaps, vanilla wafers or butter cookies etc.)
* ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
* 1 teaspoon chopped lemon thyme herb
* 16oz (2 x 8 oz. packages) cream cheese, at room temperature
* 1⅔ cups Labneh Cheese
* ¼ cup raw honey * 1 teaspoon fine lemon zest
* 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
* ¼ teaspoon salt
Honey Drizzle:* cup raw honey
1. Place the graham crackers (or cookies) in a paper bag and crush them finely with a rolling pin.
2. In a bowl, mix the melted butter and chopped lemon thyme together. Combine well.
3. In 4 cocktail glasses or ramekins add the crust mixture (the amount of crust will depend on the size of your dish, but should be around 3-4 Tablespoons per glass). Press it down to form an even layer and refrigerate.
4. In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, Labneh cheese, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well until the mixture is a smooth texture.
5. Divide cheesecake filling between the four cocktail glasses or ramekins and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
6. When the cheesecake is set, in a small saucepan over low heat, warm the honey, lemon thyme leaves & lemon zest. This will take less than two minutes.
7. Remove from heat, let cool and drizzle over the cheesecake.
Mary tries her best (everybody cheats once in a while :)) to live a natural and healthy lifestyle, of which she is an advocate. She loves writing about subjects she has an interest in and hopes to inspire others by doing so.