The cinnamon and honey combination is popularly used for:
1) Improving body metabolism & Weight Reduction
2) Lowering Cholesterol level.
3) Type II diabetes or pre-diabetic condition, regulating blood sugar levels.
1. Dissolve a teaspoon of cinnamon powder (or ground cinnamon) in a cup of boiling water.
2. Stir and cover for half an hour.
3. Filter away any big particles and add a teaspoon of honey.
4. Take it in the morning with an empty stomach about half an hour before breakfast. Repeat for a few weeks to see results.
1. Many people who have tried this concoction found it to be effective in boosting their body metabolism and helpful in their weight loss efforts. I have tried it for general detox purposes and have found it to be especially helpful in moving my bowel. However, many are hesitant to try this concoction due to the intimidating prospect of a spicy mixture direct. From the various feedback posts on this mixture, I gathered there are two extreme reactions to its taste - "love it" or "hate it". And what do I personally say about the taste? If you are using Cassia/Chinese cinnamon, it's pungent, spicy, and woody. The honey in it definitely makes it much more palatable. (Note: In Ayurvedic medicine, it is believed that honey enhances the medicinal effectiveness of the cinnmaon formulation.) I recommend you check out Ceylon cinnamon, which is also known as the real cinnamon. It is much milder and more pleasant in aroma and highly contrasted with Cassia cinnamon in taste. Also, it doesn't seem to produce an offensive slime that you see when mixing Cassia cinnamon with hot water. Its exorbitant price and lack of accessibilty is however a big deterrent for many consumers. For a more detailed comparison of the two types of cinnamon, go to: Ceylon Cinnamon Versus Cassia Cinnamon .
2. Honey is added only half an hour after mixing the cinnamon and boiling water, so that the healthy enzymes in the honey are kept alive. For more tips on how to handle and store honey, read "Honey Storage Tips".
1. To read more about the benefits of the cinnamon and honey combination in Cinnamon and Honey Remedy.
2. Find out how the concoction has effectively worked for others in Postings on Honey and Cinnamon Cure.
New! CommentsHave your say on what you just read! Leave your comments below.
[?] Subscribe To This Site