The health benefits of honey are too numerous to be named, but here are three key ones:
1. Next time before you go for a workout, take a spoon of honey to enable you to go for the extra mile.
2. If you are feeling low and lethargic in the morning, instead of reaching out for a can of carbonated energy drink , try honey. Spread it on hot toast or replace the sugar in your tea with it for a refreshing surge of energy.
3. If your kids are finding hard to cope with the physical strain from the buzzing activities at school, prepare them a honey drink, some sandwiches with honey, butter and ham to make sure they have enough energy to sustain through the day. And for optimal sleep and recovery cycle at night, give your child a spoonful of honey before sleep on a daily basis. They may not care a bit about the health benefits of honey now, but will be grateful and love what you do for them when they grow up! More in: Hibernation Honey for Kids.
Studies have shown that honey possesses natural antioxidant and therapeutic properties that were able to prevent cognitive decline and dementia and enhance the brain's cholinergic system and circulation. More in: Honey Boosts Brain Function.
For thousands of years, honey has been recognized as one of the most natural home remedies to treat a wide range of ailments and complaints including yeast infection, athlete foot, and arthritis pain. Its antiseptic properties inhibits the growth of certain bacteria and helps keep external wounds clean and free from infection. Honey has been used as a natural cure in first aid treatment for wounds, burns and cuts as it is able to absorb moisture from the air and promote healing. Its antibacterial properties prevent infection and functions as an anti-inflammatory agent, reducing both swelling and pain, and even scarring. It is widely believed that UMF Manuka is the preferred honey for wound dressing due to its strong antibacterial property.
When you get a hangover from drinking too much alcohol, combat its effects by applying honey remedy. Honey is gentle on the stomach and contains a mix of natural sugars such fructose which is known to speed up the oxidation of alcohol by the liver, acting as a 'sobering' agent. Follow this recipe: 15ml of liquid honey with 80ml of orange juice and 70ml of natural yogurt. Blend them together until smooth.
FOR SORE THROATS:
One of the better known health benefits of honey is that it is able to help treat sore throats. Thanks to its antimicrobial properties, honey not only soothes throats but can also kill certain bacteria that causes the infection. Professional singers commonly use honey to soothe their throats before performances. The Chinese believe that excess "heatiness" in the body causes sore throat and taking honey drink can be helpful. Direction: Take a spoonful of honey to soothe the inflammation or gargle with a mixture of two tablespoons of honey, four tablespoons of lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Personally, whenever I have a sore throat or cough, I especially like to take warm water mixed with Manuka UMF honey which is well-known for its anti-bacterial healing properties.
Unable to sleep? Use the famous
Milk and Honey Remedy. Take a glass of hot milk with a teaspoon of honey to calm the soul and induce sleep. Or, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of honey to a cup of chamomile
tea and sip.
MORE HONEY REMEDIES IN: Alternative Medicine: What Your Doctors Don't Know
Click here to read about the Honey and Cinnamon Remedy.
3. Honey and Lemon: Weight Loss Diet Tip
A honey and lemon diet can relieve you of your weight problem. Find out why more and more people are trying out this Honey and Lemon Diet Tip.
4. Milk and Honey: For promotion of good digestion and health
Adding honey to diary products such as sour milk and yoghurts can improve your digestion and bowel movements. Read more about what is so good about Milk and Honey.
5. The Hibernation Diet
"You can lose weight while you sleep." Sounds too incredibly easy? Read this article to understand the logic of it and how you can reduce kilos by eating natural honey before you go to bed everyday -- the revolutionary The Hibernation Diet
6. Cholesterol and Honey
The antioxidants in honey are a cholesterol fighter and have the potential to protect against heart disease! Read: Honey Lowers Cholesterol
7. Warning Note on Honey and Infant
You probably also have heard people warn about honey and infant while learning all the possible health benefits of honey. Know what you ought to understand about Honey and Infant.
8. Honey and Pregnant Moms
And how about a pregnant mom? Can she safely eat honey during pregnancy? Click here to clear this common confusion -- Pregnancy and Honey