Here are some do-it-yourself, self-help, extremely easy to follow recipes to enjoy the benefits of honey in skin care. I recommend them also because all the ingredients that go along with them are so easily accessible.
Puree 1 cucumber in a blender, drain and collect the juice. Add 2 teaspoons of honey into the juice and mix. Pour the mixture into a bottle. Apply on the face and neck area with a cotton pad in the morning and at night. Air dry it and rinse clean. Store the bottle covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
In a blender or food processor, combine 1 peeled, cored apple with a tablespoon of honey and pulse until smooth. Apply mixture to face and allow it to stay for 15 minutes, then rinse.
Not only is honey a great lip balm that stops your lips from drying out and cracking, it can also be applied as a lip gloss to make your lips appear softer and fuller. What a natural way to perfect the pout! Full account in: Coconut Beeswax Lipbalm Recipe
Combine 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon finely-ground almonds, 2 tablespoons dry oatmeal, and some lemon juice or yogurt to a luxurious and exfoliating facial scrub. Massage mixture gently onto face, then rinse with warm water. This blend gives a deeply emollient cleansing to the pores of your face. Almonds and oats are superb softening exfoliants.
Mix 1⁄4 cup honey, 1 tablespoon liquid soap and 1⁄2 cup glycerin (found in drug stores). Apply gently on to face using a face sponge. Rinse with warm water and pat face dry.
Perhaps the easiest natural skin care recipe using honey -- Add 1/4 cup of honey to your hot bath water for silky and luscious skin. This is especially good for dry skin.
In this book "Fast Beauty: 1,000 Quick Fixes" authored by Beauty Expert, Rona Berg has put together a lot more tried and tested beauty tips using many natural ingredients including honey, yoghurt, tomatoes, and olive oil. A big treat for those who are looking for some quick skin care solutions.
1. Read real stories and postings by our visitors and readers on honey homemade remedies in "Honey Natural Beauty Health Tips!"
2. DIY face mask recipes for different skin types: Easy Face Mask Recipes for Different Skin Types.
3. Aromatic face masks with nutmeg, socoa and saffron: 3 Fragrant Honey Face Masks
4. Controversial facial hair removal mask - Honey Lemon Mask For Facial Hair Removal.
5. Some of the most effective yet simple honey hair care recipes for stronger, healthier and glossier hair: DIY Honey Hair Care Recipes.